Grant Application Policy (amended 2012) [20kb]
The aims of the Australian Rogaining Association (ARA) are to promote the sport of Rogaining, to encourage the development of state rogaining bodies, and to foster the running of the Australian Rogaining Championships. To help achieve these aims, the ARA makes annual financial grants available to member associations.
Grant amount available
The nominal maximum expenditure on grants in any one year is 40% of the annual capitation revenue. However, the ARA Executive are authorised to exceed this limit, provided that the ARA's year-end general revenue financial balance (see footnote 1.) is not reduced below $20,000 or by more than 10% from the previous year-end general revenue financial balance. Approval of an application having a greater effect on finances requires ARA Council approval.
Applications for grants are considered in December each year. The deadline for submissions is 30 November. Applications should be sent to the ARA Secretary and should address:
- what the requested grant would achieve;
- how the requested grant relates to the aims of the ARA;
- why funding is not available through a State/ Territory government sporting grant scheme;
- the amount requested; and
- any proposed co-funding by the member association.
A successful application will demonstrate that it meets one or more of the following criteria:
- attracts new members to the sport;
- improves the efficiency of the organisation and conduct of events;
- addresses emerging technical issues;
- increases the safety of competitors;
- provides investment in necessary capital items.
1. The general revenue financial balance is the cash balance held by the ARA that is not reserved for a specific purpose (e.g. the International Development Fund).